Roy Falls at Norris' gravesite

Roy Falls at Norris' gravesite

Sunday, January 29, 2012

"We Will Work!"

We'll Work Till Jesus Comes (the old hymn):

O land of rest, for thee I sigh;
When will the moment come,
When I shall lay my armor by,
And dwell in peace at home?

No transquil joys on earth I know,
No peaceful, sheltering dome,
This world's a wilderness of woe,
This world is not my home.

To Jesus Christ I fled for rest;
He bade me cease to roam,
And lean for succor on His breast,
Till He conduct me home.

I sought at once my Savior's side,
No more my steps shall roam,
With Him I'll brace death's chilling tide,
And reach my heav'nly home.

We'll work ... till Jesus comes,
We'll work ... till Jesus comes,
We'll work ... till Jesus comes,
And we'll be gathered home.

"I want you to notice this very important thing.  When He came, what did they do?  They anointed him.  They gave Him their love.  They clothed Him with the symbol of power.  They said, "You will be king over us."

Oh, God, help us to say, with all we have, with body, soul, time, blood, sweat, tears, money and all, that we shall anoint Him as King of kings in our lives.

And then we won't have so many worries.  We won't be so nervous.  One of the great lessons and blessings that will come of this terrible hour, we will have new courage."

~ J. Frank Norris

(Taken from one of Dr. Norris' sermons in 1941)

No comments:

Post a Comment